Depending on how your flowers are arranged, flower care may vary. Certain flowers also require particular care which may vary; this is a general guide only.
Flowers arranged in Florist Foam
- The foam must remain hydrated at all times to ensure the flowers can continue to drink.
- Top up the arrangement with clean water daily.
Cut Flowers (Bouquets)
- Trim stems diagonally about 2cm from base at least.
- Remove leaves, foliage or blooms that may be underwater.
- Arrange them in a clean vase of clean water.
- Add a teaspoon of bleach or flower food to the water.
- Change water when required.
For all Floral Gifts:
- Remove any spent blooms or foliage.
- Position away from draughts, direct heat and sunlight.
- Position away from food especially fruit as some fruits discharge ethylene gas which can prematurely age flowers.